Status.io is fully integrated with Pingometer to allow you to push alerts to their platform, and we have worked together to make the integration seamless. To get started, you will first need to set up a status.io account at https://status.io/.
In order to activate the integration of status.io within your Pingometer account, you will go to Alerting>Push Notifications then choose status.io as the provider type when adding a new push notifications profile.
The following describes the fields shown when configuring status.io within your Pingometer account:
- Name: The reference name you desire to assign to your status.io profile. It can assist you with organizing multiple provider profiles within your Pingometer account.
- Status Page ID: The page ID can be found listed on the API page, copy this and then place it in the relevant form field.
- API ID & API key: From the Status.io dashboard, click the "API" tab from the left menu, and under "Developer API" click the "Display API Credentials" button. Now copy the "Status Page ID", "API ID" and "API Key" into the corresponding fields in the form.
- Component & Container IDs: To have a component & container automatically update when a check fails, you need to provide the "Component ID" and "Container ID". You can find these by clicking the "Infrastructure" tab from the left menu, selecting the "Modify" link next to your component, scrolling down to "Automatic Status Updates" and clicking "API". Copy both the component and container ID's into the relevant form fields.
- Metric ID: To have a metric update with a check's response time, select "Metrics" from the left menu and add or modify a metric. Under "Data Source" select "Custom". Then copy the "Metric ID" into the relevant form field.
*Once you've configured your status.io profile, you will need to assign the profile to a contact group located under Alerting>Contacts. The profile is assigned at the Push Notifications field within the contact group.